Thursday, August 19, 2010

Good News


I had a conversation with a friend the other day that went just like this:

Friend: "Why don't you ever post anything other than your blog with the Christian stuff on Facebook?"

Me: "What am I supposed to post?"

Friend: "I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but there is other stuff to talk about too."

Me: "Is there something more important that I should be posting about?"

Friend: "What about world events or politics or where you ate dinner that night?"

Me: "Like I said, is there something more important that I should be posting about?"

Friend: "Not everyone believes in that stuff."

Me: "That's why I post the blog."

Friend: "Most of the people probably never even read it because they know it is the same stuff each time. Has anyone ever told you that they found hope through your post?"

Me: "No, but let me ask you a question now. Have you ever played the lottery?"

Friend: "Sure, a couple times a month"

Me: "Did you win the million dollar jackpot yet?"

Friend: "No"

Me: "Then why keep playing? It's just the same thing every time you play."

Friend: "Right but there is a chance………..wow, walked right into that one."

I post what I post because there is nothing more important than knowing the options for eternity. People don't care what I had for dinner last night, they don't care where I am every 5 minutes. I am just not that interesting of a person.
If I have information that could give someone hope for a better tomorrow and I kept it quiet, then I would be a jerk. I have "Good News", and I just can't keep it to myself.

Martin Luther King Jr. said it this way:
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”

……and that's the truth.