Monday, September 19, 2011

My goal

When I started writing this blog a few years ago, I really only one goal in mind.
Actually, I only had one person in mind.

I found this thing called "Stats" on my blog page about a few months ago. I'm not sure if it is new or if I just now noticed it, but this thing is amazing.
When you click on it, it shows you how many people have read the blog and where people are reading it.

Without giving details and appear like I am bragging, I will just say that this blog has been read on 6 of 7 continents (and several islands that I never knew existed). That is so amazing to me.
God embraces technology!!!

The problem was this though: That was not my goal.
My goal had not been achieved........

..........Until now.

2 1/2 years later.

I began writing this blog with my friend in mind.
Only my wife knew the reason.
My idea was that through this blog, I could show her that God is not a God of rules but a God of grace.
I wanted to show her that not all Christians are hypocrites, just flawed humans like everyone else trying to make sense out of this life and clinging to the only hope we know....Jesus.
I know sometimes we screw up and say the wrong thing and we pretend to have all of life's answers.
When questioned why bad things happen to good people we want to spew something spiritual, when in fact the person would be content with an "I don't know" response.

Knowing that she has been hurt in the past. Knowing that when she lost her father, she was angry at God. After all, why would a loving and caring God take this little girl's daddy away from her.

I don't know.

But I knew if I wrote this blog, that because she is my friend and we have had conversations about God at times, that she would read it.
I knew that if she felt pressured to believe something, she would walk the other way so our conversations never got to deep.

So I began this blog. Read it when you feel like it.
No pressure.
I just kept praying that at some point, God would tap her on the shoulder and let her know that He is real and that He loves her.

The other day, I received an e-mail from her.

These are her words:

[ Our house was broken into on Friday. Luckily no one was home. They took lots of electronics and some sentimental items. I was wrecked that my first engagement ring that ---- bought me was missing. For the first time in my life I prayed and questioned...

Dear God, why? We are good people, we do no wrong to others and we try very hard to raise our son to love everyone and not be biased. The little we have, we have worked hard for.

I prayed to make this incident go away quickly and without a lot of aggravation.
I believe I have been answered.
As of 9PM last night my claim with the insurance company has been closed and a check mailed to us for replacement of our items. This might not be traditional in the sense of prayer for you but I asked for help and received it. Not only will I get to replace what was missing, I will also make a little money to help with some other things. ]

FREAKING SWEET!!!!!!!

I'm not saying my friend joined a local church and plays handbells now (I actually pray God never let's the handbells thing happen), but it's a breakthrough.


Christians reading this, I know you have someone on your heart and it seems like there is no way they are ever going to believe.
Stop acting like God is small. His timing is perfect. Keep praying.

If you are a skeptic, atheist, or agnostic, my friend prayed to God and in her words...." I asked for help and received it".
What do you have to lose?

Since receiving this e-mail, I haven't really felt like posting anything else and to be honest, this blog will change going forward. I probably will not post as often as I have been and when I do, it may not even be anything spiritual.
I'm just not sure. I just know that I am thankful that it helped my friend inch closer to a relationship with God.