Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Pilgrim's progress (Day 1)


I have come to a crossroads.
Have you ever been here?
A place where there are only two options:

Left
Or
Right

The left road is safe and smooth, and if I went that way it would take me straight back home. Nobody would even know that I came to that crossroads. My life would not change at all. I would still be the person I am right now…..and comfortable.

The road to the right is not safe. If I went this direction it would not take me back home. This way would change me. It would change my family. I spoke to a man the other day that lives on this road and he assured me that there would be days on this road that would be easy and downhill and there would be days that would require an amazing amount of help just to keep going……uncomfortable days.

I choose comfortable because I am human and selfish by nature. But what if you heard the unmistakable voice of God at the end of the road to the right calling you to be uncomfortable? Does that change things for you?

I am going to do something different on this blog. I am going to make daily entries for the next week and a half stating what I am praying for that day. If anyone reads this and would like to pray along side of me that would be awesome.