Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Something free


I received a letter in the mail this week from the manufacturer of my car.
Dead serious, this is what the letter said......
You need to bring your car in so that we can fix this little problem that people have been experiencing on the same make and model and year as your car. The metal inflator inside of your airbag can potentially become too pressurized, causing your airbag to inflate with so much pressure that it will explode the metal inflator, SENDING SHARDS OF METAL THROUGH YOUR FACE!!!!!!

I have had more comforting letters arrive in my mailbox.

I would think that urgent news like this would not be trusted to standard mail delivery, but I digress.

After giving it some thought as I sit here in the waiting room for the car to be fixed, I realized that I am thankful for a couple of things.

1.) At least they told me that things could end badly for me. Someone took the time to send me that letter warning me of the danger that lay ahead of me.
2.) The service manager came in and explained that the work to repair the airbag was being done free of charge. The manufacturer was paying the price so that I did not have to be concerned about the danger of metal frags launching through my skull.

If you are reading this and you are a seeker or a skeptic, I want to share 2 things with you.

1.) Things are going to end badly for you. There is danger ahead. But………….

2.) The manufacturer of your soul has sent you a letter, it's called the Bible. He is telling you that the danger that's ahead of you is real, but He can remove the danger for you free of charge. It costs you nothing.

Simply by asking Jesus to come into your heart and giving Him the leadership of your life, He can remove the danger. The choice is yours to make but let me ask you this question....

When was the last time you said no to something free?